Friday, June 24, 2011

Heard it all before

Have I told you before that I don't Iron? Well... I don't iron... obviously

You're such a slave to fashion
that it dictates your every move
But hey, don't trip... I'm a fashion slave too
So bent on being "individual" that I,
watch the trends to see what's in
so I can be sure it ain't on my skin
Yeah I act like I'm unique
but really I'm just frumpy instead of chic
I'm such a slave to individuality
cuz I want you to see me
and I really don't want to be me
So I do the opposite of what you do.

Yeah I'm a fashion slave too.

Necklace: Gifted
(It's made out of guitar picks!!! NEAT-O)




Have you ever been criticized for being you and not someone's expectation of who you should be?

Have you ever felt the need to "dumb down" your beauty so that people would take you seriously?


I'm a bookworm!!! For me, reading is FUN. I'm obsessed with reading and studying. Right now, as we speak I'm dreading having to spend 2 more months on summer break! I'm ready to go back to school! I love to learn of things. I thrive on those things. Heck, I read the dictionary for fun. People that know me know this about me. But people that meet me are shocked to find this out. I can't count the times I've been told that I'm smarter than I look. Is it because of how I dress? Are intellectuals relegated to larger than life glasses, boring clothes and beat up sneakers? Why are "pretty" girls considered to be dumb? Why are fashionable girls considered to be vain?

~M~


Share This Article!

Add To Facebook