Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 8: Passion (Countdown Continues)

*Today is Day 8 of my 100 days of love and there are 8 days left until my recital, so I'm combining the blog for day 8.

I'm a music major. If you read my blog then this is like a DUH! Cuz by now, you know this. If this is the first time you're stumbling across it then this may be news to you. At any rate, I'm a music major.




Anytime you're a student taking 22 credits, working a full time off campus job and a part time on campus job, you're bound to get tired, burnt out, fed up with homework, etc. I'm no exception, as such is my case. But today I was blessed with the responsibility of putting together a program bulletin for the recital. As I sit here diligently working to produce a professional looking program, and taking miniature breaks to work on some final touches to one of my compositions I only feel fulfilled. This is the culmination of a lot hard work, a lot of late nights, but most of all a lot of passion.

I'm passionate about my music. So I'm okay with being tired of studying for music. I'm okay with being fed up with listening tests and memory exams for music. I'm okay with waking up early after going to sleep late to work on some of my music homework. Being burnt out for music's sake is not the worst thing in the world. It really just fuels my passion. Makes me want to work harder to get where I want to be. In 8 days I will be presenting my passion for the first time to a group of people that may or may not appreciate it. So I'm nervous. But in the grand scheme of things, my passion for music will make me work hard enough to get through it. (I'll definitely be praying just as hard as I work :) )

Music is my passion

And I love it!

~M~


Share This Article!

Add To Facebook