Thursday, February 24, 2011

Clarity





I worry, I weigh three times my body
I worry, I throw my fear around
But this morning, there's a calm I can't explain
The rock candy's melted, only diamonds now remain
I think I live my life in a fog of doubt, pain, fear and insecurity. I wrap my fog with thin rays of confident sunshine hoping that no one realizes what lies behind. A gentle breeze of flowery words and a picturesque hillside of accomplishments serve as a distraction. I take comfort in the strength of numbers, knowing that the more I surround myself with you, the less you see me. And that's exactly what I want.

But I have moments in my life where I see me. No fog, no sun. Calm stillness. It is in these moments that I don't need your presence to validate me. I don't need my distractions to conceal me. In these brief and fleeting moments, I find clarity.

I just want to sit in this moment for as long as I can.


Share This Article!

Add To Facebook