Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Enough is too much!

For some very weird reason, almost everything I cooked today had too much salt in it. I say very weird because I'm the person that under salts. I believe that the purpose for salt is to enhance flavor and that if you season a dish well enough you don't need too much salt. I also am deathly afraid of high blood pressure.

But I digress...

I was cooking some kettle corn this morning for my afternoon snack. When it was time to put the salt on a put a little bit. Then I went back and put some more, thinking "There. That should be enough." I tasted it and my heart sunk because I knew that had I not have thrown in that extra bit of salt it would have been PERFECT!!!! Enough was just too much.

Then I was ready to make my breakfast, but since I was running late I made a fried egg (for the first time) instead of my traditional... (scrambled or omelet). I salted it a bit, but when I tasted it I was a little perturbed because it was bland. There just wasn't enough salt. So I topped it with more salt, thinking... "There. That should be enough." But enough was ENTIRELY too much. Since initially I had salted over top of it instead of my normal way of salting and beating the salt through, the salt wasn't evenly disbursed. Actually, the salt was mainly on the yolk. So when I added the extra salt, well... UGGH! is all I can really say.

There's not object lesson here. I'm just saying, don't be surprised if the next few recipes from me have absolutely NO SALT in them... I think I'm all salted out now. And I won't lie, I'm a little bit salty about it.
(Pun intended  LOLOLOLLOL!!!!!)

~M~


Share This Article!

Add To Facebook