Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cilantro Lime Tilapia

I wanna talk about this AH-MAY-ZING Tilapia Fillet I fixed this morning. I'm gana promise to include pictures with the next recipe blog post, because I know how much pictures add to the experience. But today, you just have to trust me.

I was reading yesterday that it's better not to cook your fish in oil because it loses some of it's healthy Omega-3's (or what not) so better to poach or steam it... Fine! No prob for me, cuz olive oil is rather expensive anyway. If I can save it, I'll save it!

My Cilantro was going BAD!!!

So I made my Cilantro Pepper Rice (recipe in "Midnite 'Snack'"). But I still had cilantro left to use...

Courtesy of Google images

Cilantro Lime Tilapia
chopped cilantro
1 shallot
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Juice of half a lime
1 Tilapia Fillet
Because I'm not using oil I prepare this in a nonstick pan. Heat the pan on medium heat. Add first 5 ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. After the shallots and cilantro has softened, add lime. Give it one more quick stir. Place the tilapia fillet in the pan, then flip over immediately. This allows some of the seasoning to be on top and some on the bottom. cover the pan and steam for 2 mins. Flip the fillet and steam for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat but leave the pan covered.

Soon to Come: Vegetarian recipes for my vegetarian friends :) Hi Stea'Van!

Happy Eating

~M~


Share This Article!

Add To Facebook