Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cheese and Apples

Move over Cheese and Crackers... A new snack is in town!!!!!! I don't think there's anything (aside from peanut butter) that goes better with a sweet, juicy, crispy apple then some beautiful pieces of aged cheddar cheese.

I was at earth fare this past friday. I was in the cheese section cuz I had to buy the Bleu Cheese for my filet Mignon. Then (because I LOVE cheese, I started scoping the other cheeses and my fav section came up (Cheddar of course). I saw a tiny block of 8 year aged (or 8 months... can't quite remember) cheddar cheese and I thought... hey I'll try it. It was mad expensive, but they sold it in a small square that came out to 4.80 so I figured... WTH... go ahead...

BUT...

They were sampling this other cheese, (which was much more expensive... $30/ lb to be exact. but it was on sale for $18.99/lb...) But it was PHENOMENAL!!!!!!! so I bought the smallest square I could find. It cost me $5.32.

But I couldn't think of ANY dish I could use that tiny little bit of cheese on... And I didn't want to waste $30 cheese on any old random dish. so as I was preparing my meals for the day, I decided I'd take some to go along with my Honeycrisp Apple...

BEST DECISION I MADE ALL DAY WEEK!!!!!

If you've never had cheddar cheese aged in cloth GO GET SOME IMMEDIATELY... Has the texture more like parmesan cheese, the sharpness and mouthfeel of a good creamy cheddar. There are WONDERFUL amazing notes to this cheese. PLEASE... I BEG YOU!!! TRY this cheese. Even if you buy just one ounce (cuz it really is quite expensive. I could buy a pair of shoes for the same price of a lb of this cheese). But.... try it... I promise you won't hate it. And you will most likely fall in love :)

Happy Eating

~M~


Share This Article!

Add To Facebook