Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Breakfast for Champions!

WHAT A DAY!!!

So busy. From the alarm until now I have been moving non-stop. Last night I went ahead and planned my meals for the week because I realized that if I don't do that, I don't eat well rounded meals and I'm always hungry. Additionally, I shop aimlessly at the grocery store, and... welll.... I'm just a little to broke for that mess!

SO...
In order to prepare today's meals, I had to go the the farmer's market and pick up a few items... That took a chunk out of my morning. Also, there were FAR too many dishes in the sink.. Another chunk out of my morning to wash them. I was able to successfully prepare 3 meals and two snacks for myself for today, HOWEVER, I didn't have enough time to take pictures of my recipes so I hope you trust that it looked, smelled and tasted PHENOMENAL...

Rosemary Potatoes
3 creamer potatoes, chopped
2 TBSP thinly sliced red onions
Leaves from 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1 TBSP olive oil
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper

Saute the onions, salt and pepper in the oil. Add potatoes and stir. Cook over medium heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally. After potatoes have all become golden brown, add rosemary leaves and cover. Cook over medium heat until soft.

"Scrambled Omelet"
1 egg
1 - 1 1/2 TBSP milk
(or milk substitute... I used almond milk)
2 TBSP chopped red pepper
1 slice chopped turkey bacon
(or meat substitute... your choice)
1 shallot, chopped
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
2 tsp butter
1 1/2 TBSP shredded cheese

Let the egg sit out for about 30 mins. Room temp eggs fluff up nicely. Beat egg with milk, salt and pepper. Melt butter in pan, saute veggies and meat for about 15 secs and spread thinly over pan. Pour egg over it. Let the egg set on the bottom then add cheese. Take a wooden spoon and bring egg toward center of the pan letting the uncooked egg flow out and cook.

HAPPY EATING

~M~


Share This Article!

Add To Facebook