Monday, September 20, 2010

Honey Lime Tilapia with Ginger Glaze

I made a phenonmenal Honey Lime Tilapia with a Mango and Black Bean Salsa once. I couldn't remember what I did nor did I have the ingredients but I wanted to make a Honey Lime inspired Tilapia so... I did. And it came out SPECTACULAR and it was sooooo easy to fix. So I decided to share the recipe. Sorry no pics this time.

Ingredients

Tilapia Fillet
Fresh Lime Juice
Honey
Fresh Ginger Root
Fresh Garlic
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Olive Oil

(No measurements. All depends on how much you want to fix and the desired intensity of flavor)

Instructions:

Squeeze the lime juice into a bowl. Mix in the honey. Thinly slice the ginger and garlic and put in with honey lime mixture. Pour over fillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Cover bowl with Saran Wrap and refrigerate overnight.

To Cook: Pour olive oil into a pan over medium to medium-high heat. Sear each side for about 4-6 mins a piece. Remove the fish from the pan and pour the leftover marinade into the pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until carmelized. Pour over top of fish. Serve with Rice or whatever your favorite fish side dish is.

Happy Eating.

~M~


Share This Article!

Add To Facebook